Describe your earliest memory My earliest memory is at 1101. I was around 3 or 4 years old and our house was connected to another house on the left side of ours. An elderly woman by the name of Bobbie & her husband lived there. She was The Neighborhood Candy Lady. I had a clear hard plastic bowl in my hands & I ran next door to ask The Candy Lady for a refill. I knocked on the door. Bobbie stood there with a smile on her face. She already knew why I was there, but, she waited patiently for my request. "Candy, Bobbie!" I requested, as I raised the emplty bowl up to her. She laughed a little bit. "Yes, dear " she replied. She reached into her larger candy bowl that was on a table by the door full of butterscotch discs, cinnamon discs, salt water taffy & other candies & filled my bowl. "See you later, Bobbie." I said. I ran home excitedly, ready to share the candy with everyone in the house. Bobbie waved and went back ins...
June 17, 2026 | Wednesday | 7:19 P.M. My Firsts ☆ First Friend My very first friend other than Bobbie & her granddaughter was a neighbor girl named Renee. Her parents were really great friends with my mom when we lived at 1101. I don't have any memories of her, but I do remember that we always played together. In my box of memories, I know that she was my very first friend outside of family in life. My very first best friend that I have memories with was a tall, skinny blonde haired girl named Danielle. We met in either headstart or kindergarten. She was extremely kind to me. We met one another when we were maybe 5 years old. We attended an elementary school together that was on The Federal Way Hill, but still in our city's school district. (Auburn School District #408). Then, we both began attending school together at Dick Scobee Elementary Sc...
June 30, 2026 | Tuesday Evening | 8:55 PM The Long-Lost Childhood Possession that I Would Love to See Again I was around eight or nine years old when my mom went into an inpatient program for drug & alcohol addiction. She was there for 30-45 days. I don't remember a lot from that time. Dad Mackie took care of us as well as my older sisters when Mom was away. 🥰 I remember one day Dad Mackie brought me to visit Mom on the weekend. She was holding this large light brown teddy bear. It had on a yellow & white dress. And, after I ran up to her & gave her a big hug, Mom handed me the teddy bear & told me that she made it just for me 🧸 Mom had never made me anything special like that before, so I really cherished my teddy 🧸 bear even more. At the time, I didn't realize that I was a sentimentalist. But, I knew that my new teddy 🧸 bear was extra special to me. At the treatment center, a doll maker volunteered to teac...
Comments
Post a Comment