Book Nerd

     7/25/26  /Saturday Afternoon  / 1:37 PM

        The Book that has had the Greatest                                influence on my life

One of the best books that I have ever read is, The Four Agreements, by: Don Miguel Ruiz. I remember reading 📚 it for the first time & how surprised I was with the life changing wisdom that was shared with each person who reads the book.

I was at a place in my life where I wanted to learn, mature & grow more internally for myself. I'm always searching for new people to learn from. Especially, through books. And, I came across The Four Agreements & decided to read it. 

In the very beginning, I read through it almost like I was listening to someone read it to me. Not skimming through it, but, not fully taking in every single word & lesson & teaching. Then, after reading a couple of chapters, I stopped reading it at that pace & began to re-read it as I wholeheartedly took in every single word. I allowed the messages, lessons, teachings really seep into my heart, mind & soul. I began to implement the teachings into my everyday life & I began to notice how my life began to change. More-so, how I began to change. 

Before reading, The Four Agreements, I was definitely one of the world's best mind readers. I was always thinking that people were against me & that when they were around me, they were trying to hurt me or put me down. But, when I began to implement the teachings from The Four Agreements into my life, I began to silence that voice in my head that naturally jumped to negative conclusions. 

◇ Sunday Early Evening | 7/26/26 | 4:44 PM ◇

Growing up, I always had a book in my hands. I loved to read. Most nights, too, I'd read a book until I fell asleep. I remember those times right when I was about to be in sleep mode the books that I was reading would fall on my face! It stung briefly & startled me awake! As a little girl most of my books were soft cover. In my teenage & young adult years, I preferred a brand new hardback cover book. 

Another book that I really love is called, Interpreter of Maladies, by: Jhumpa Lahiri. It's a collection of short stories. I instantly fell in love with her style of writing. Beautiful. Poetic. Cultural. 

In high school, a girl in my dorm introduced me to a book called, Princess: A true story of life behind the veil in Saudi Arabia. It's about a real Saudi princess named Princess Sultana & her life in Saudi Arabia. It was the very first time that I learned about the difficult challenges that women faced in Saudi Arabia. It opened up my eyes to life outside of America & how harsh life can be for some women in different countries. I was really surprised to learn about the rules & regulations some women had to live with. 

When I read, it normally takes me a while to finish a book. In the estimated range from 2 - 3 weeks. But, I couldn't stop reading Jean Sassoon's, PRINCESS, book. I read it in about a week. I read it again a second time & read it more slowly so that I could really take in every sentence, every single word & every experience. 

Another book that I really love is: Counting Coup - The Sharon LaForge Story. It was written by: Larry Colton. I don't remember where I bought it (what city), but, I found it in the middle of a long rectangle box full of books & movies at Safeway in front of Customer Service where you can buy Lottery tickets & liquor & the long row of cashiers. It was on top of all of the books & I browsed through it. It was about a Native American basketball 🏀 player & I had to buy it. I used to LOVE playing basketball. And, just like the book, PRINCESS, I read that book in 3 or 4 days. 

Another book that I really love is: Story of a Girl. It is written by: Sara Zarr. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bowl full of Butterscotch Discs & Saltwater Taffy

The First of Many ... ... .. .

My Special Teddy Bear 🧸