Walking On the Moon

June 24, 2026 |Wednesday Morning | 8:12 AM

                 My Aspirations As a Child

As a little girl I always knew that poetry was going to be a huge part of my life. I loved writing stories & poetry since I was 4 years old. I loved the art of creative writing from a young age. 

I had a short lived dream of becoming the first Native American girl in space! I envisioned myself as an astronaut in a huge astronaut suit flying around in space & walking on the moon! I remember being in 3rd & 4th grade dreaming of going into space. 🚀👩‍🚀👩‍🚀👩‍🚀🌌🛰🌌 I knew that as a little girl NASA wouldn't allow me to go into space, but, it was a silly dream! 

Another dream that I had was playing softball for the tribe & going into the playoffs. I don't know too much about it, but every year there are tribal softball tournaments & in the end, the best of the best teams go into the playoffs. I had a great love & passion for softball when I was a little girl. I began playing in 3rd grade & it was definitely one of the best times of my life. 

I've always wanted to do something big for my beautiful mother when I was a little girl. I wanted to help make all of her dreams come true. I wanted bring her on a whale watching trip so that she could see orcas in the wild. And, I wanted to build her a home by the ocean so that she could watch the orcas & whales 🐋 in her backyard. A lot of my childhood aspirations were to help make my
family happy. 

I knew that we weren't millionaires, but we always had everything that we needed. We weren't poor because we didn't want for anything. Our home was filled with love & that was our biggest blessing. 

Another one of my biggest aspirations in my childhood life, and life in general was to be the best person I could for all of my friends. My neighbors were my best friends growing up. We left 1101 before I entered kindergarten so we lived in Burndale when I was in elementary school. My entire elementary school years were in Burndale, too. I had some of the best times of my life in Burndale. Especially, with my next door neighbors. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bowl full of Butterscotch Discs & Saltwater Taffy

The First of Many ... ... .. .

My Special Teddy Bear 🧸