A handful of cinnamon hot jawbreakers

July 06, 2026|Monday Early Evening| 4:57 PM

           Things I have been addicted to

One of my favorite candies as a little girl was Fireballs. They're a small jawbreaker candy that is cinnamon hot! My friends & I really loved buying them at the local 7-11 store. At the time, they were only $.05 cents. When the cashier person was being friendly & kind, they'd allow us to grab a handful extra & put them in our brown paper bag! They knew that we all shared with our families & friends! Sometimes, we'd only have a quarter or fifty cents & that's when they'd tell us to go ahead, one handful or two! 😃😁🤩 

Another thing that I really enjoyed as a little girl was my Aunty Wendy's canned sweet pickles! She would make them from scratch, too. My mom & Dad Mackie would visit Aunty Wendy & Uncle Terry 2-3 times a year when they lived in Mt. Vernon, Washington. And, they'd also visit us, too. So, Aunty Wendy would occasionally bring me a huge can of diced sweet pickles! They were like diced nickel sized sweet pickles! 

I don't know or remember being addicted to anything else as a little girl! But, as I got older, I became addicted to Pepsi & BBQ Lay's potato chips! BBQ chips have always been my favorite! I love putting them on my ham & cheese sandwiches, too, as a crunchy lettuce! You know you're from The Rez when potato chips are your lettuce on a sandwich! LoL! I guess it depends on your mood, tho. What kind of chips you use on your sandwiches! But, every great sandwich has potato chip lettuce for the extra crunch! 😋🤩🥰 

As a teenager & young adult I really loved my Starbucks Coffee. I enjoyed so many different varieties of it. I really loved their caramel macchiattos with whipped cream & cinnamon sprinkles on top. I loved iced coffee. I loved hot coffee. I loved blended coffees. I loved frappes. But, somewhere between late 20s to early 30s, I couldn't drink coffee anymore & that's when I decided to mainly drink their chai tea. I drank it here & there when I was still able to drink coffee, but, my coffee love was a caramel macchiatto frappuccino with soy milk, whipped cream & cinnamon sprinkles. I wish I could still drink it today. 

I don't know why I have an intolerance to coffee. I was thinking, what if I changed the black coffee to white coffee. Would that be the change that I need in order to enjoy coffee once again? A coffee lover can only hope, right! 

I wouldn't call it an addiction, but, as a little girl I always wanted to make my mom happy. And, everyone else in my family, too. Sometimes, I'd clean the entire house by myself. I remember being 6 or 7 years old. The house was quiet. It was the weekend. I picked up the broom & started sweeping the living-room floor. I picked up all the garbage, clothes & dishes. I went into the dining room & kitchen area & cleaned both spaces. Even the dreaded chore of washing dishes was done by Me! 

On Sunday morning, my brother & his friends walked into our home & his friend Mani told me, "You did a really good job cleaning, Gerri. Good for you." My brother Jr. Must have told him that I spent Friday evening & most of Saturday cleaning the house. I felt really proud of myself, too, because I cleaned the entire downstairs & bathrooms by myself. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bowl full of Butterscotch Discs & Saltwater Taffy

The First of Many ... ... .. .

My Special Teddy Bear 🧸