My Favorite Marble
June 23, 2026 | Tuesday Afternoon | 2:33 PM
Things I Collected as A Child
As a little girl I collected Cabbage Patch Dolls, Indian Head Nickels, pencils, mixed tapes that I recorded from the radio & pressed pennies that I placed on the train tracks & had a special box for them. I also collected stickers, too.
The boxes that I used were shoe boxes. I would use my stickers, construction paper, images from a variety of magazines & I would create collages around the boxes & box lids & use them for different things.
Other things that I collected are hand written letters from my friends, Holiday Troll Dolls from Hallmark & when I got into my early teenage years I began collecting porcelain dolls & porcelain clown dolls. My mom would buy them for me just because she loved me. 🥰 I began to collect different varieties of music boxes around the same time that I began to collect porcelain dolls.
When I was a little girl, I loved using different eraser toppers on my pencils. And, I loved changing the pencil toppers, too! I had a lot of different designs in my pencil box. Around Halloween, I'd use pumpkin🎃 designed pencil erasers or pencil toppers. Or, Santa Claus 🎅, Rudolph & Frosty The Snowman ⛄️ toppers around Christmas time. Some of my favorite pencil toppers were Minnie, Daisy, Winnie The Pooh & Mickey Mouse. Actually, all of the Disney cartoon characters & The whole Winnie The Pooh Crew!
I really loved all of my stuffed animals, too. I loved my Smurfette doll, Rainbow Brite doll, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Dolls & my Pillow People pillows, too! I don't know if they're considered a collection because they were my favorite dolls, but I still collected them, too.
There were times when I'd find flat pennies that I didn't place on the railroad tracks myself. I'd collect them, too. I loved the Buffalo HEAD Nickels with the Indian Head image on the other side. To me, it was really cool to see a Indian with a headdress on the coins. I knew that there were pennies, too, that had the Indian Head on it, but I never found any as a little girl. I would see them in books & magazines.
Mom loved Elvis Presley all her life. So, I'd help find Elvis Presley items & gifts to add to her collection. One of my sisters loved Betty Boop & Madonna, so, I'd help find gifts with their images on them to help add to her collection. So, I was adding to other people's collections as well. I really loved that feeling of giving to others. It always made me happy to see them smile. ☺️
I wish I had photos of my special collection boxes. OMG! I almost forgot! I also collected Garbage Pail Kids cards & those Coca Cola cups from McDonald's. Well, I think they were from McDonald's. But, I used to love buying a ton of Garbage Pail Kids card packets & race home to see what was inside! It was like Christmas 🎄🎅🎄! I had an entire shoe box full of them. They were all inside my closet or hidden underneath my bed in one of my decorated boxes.
Other things that I collected were small objects like charms, friendship bracelets that I wove together myself & those small bouncy balls that you could buy with a quarter from the quarter machines! I remember having a huge collection of them as a little girl. Some of them had small objects inside like a GUMBY character, stars, Halloween Eyes, the 3rd eye image, mini Tonka trucks or a My Little Pony. There were so many different designed bouncy balls at many different sizes. Most of mine were a little bit bigger than a quarter or a fifty cent piece. But, I had a couple more that were as big as a golf ball. There were many colors, too. I kept them all in the biggest shoe box that I could find.
I took great pride in the art boxes that I created from the shoe boxes & construction paper & stickers. I loved making collages as a little girl & it's something that I still enjoy doing today. So, whenever Valentine's Day came around, I was prepared to make my Valentine's Day collection box for my Valentine's. If we didn't use a box, we used similar art supplies & I was still able to create different collages for my Valentine's. 🩷❤️🤍💜
Before I end this entry, I have to include marbles on my list of things that I collected as a little girl. I had a lunch box full of them. You know the ones from the 1980's that came with a large, hard plastic matching water bottle. I had a Care Bears lunch box, Strawberry Shortcake, and Wonder Woman. I also had a Tom & Jerry lunchbox that I kept my marbles in. I didn't do anything with them except collect them because there were endless amounts of color combinations that they were created with. I love colors. I love colors combinations. I always have. And, every single time I found a new marble it instantly became my favorite marble. I always carried the most beautifully colored marble with me in my pocket. It was constantly changing. My closest friends would ask me about my favorite marble & asked to see it! 🥰
I wish I learned about medicine bags when I was collecting marbles. I would have made my special marble its very own medicine bag! Those are the main things that I collected as a little girl. ☺️
XoXo 🌹
Love,
Me
Comments
Post a Comment