Little Rocker Chick at Heart ❤️

                June 20, 2026  |Saturday  

                Music I Loved as a Child

As a child, I loved the music that I was first introduced to by my older siblings & mother. Mom loved/ loves Elvis Presley & my older siblings loved (still love) 1980's Rock. So, growing up at 1101 I would listen to Elvis when Mom put on his cassettes or VHS tapes. And, my older sisters would listen to AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Poison & other rock groups. 

I have this one special memory in my treasure box of memories of my eldest sister, MB listening to a song by Quiet Riot. 😊 Part of the lyrics say, "Bang your head," and she's sitting with her back against the wall & she pretends to bang her head against the wall. She was singing along with the music & smiling & enjoying the moment. She has the most beautiful smile. 

Other music groups that my older siblings listened to at 1101 are: Madonna, Bon Jovi, Metallica, and Quiet Riot. I don't have a lot of childhood memories, but I do remember the music. 

As I began to grow up, more, I came into my own love of music. I still loved the music that I was first introduced to, but, I also learned about different genres & I fell in love with R&B, Hip-hop & jazz instrumentals. 

In 1993 a group by the name of Digable Planets came out & to me, they were phenomenal. There was nothing greater than their creation of Jazz-Hop music. My mind was blown by their musical genius & sound. They were my NUMBER ONE favorite of all-time. I was still a young teenager at the time, and today Digable Planets are still one of the best groups ever to me. I wish they were able to stay a group and create more amazing hits, but I'm grateful for the music & albums they did create together. 

Soon after I discovered the music of Digable Planets, a new all female group called TLC entered the music scene & I was a fan from Day One. They were really different in the hip-hop music scene. And, they were just amazing. I loved how they each had their own identity & strengths as individual artists & as a group. 

I really love the 90's R&B music & Hip-Hop scene. I love listening to D'Angelo, Keith Sweat, Boyz to Men, Mariah Carey, Mary J Blige, Bell Biv Devoe, Tevin Campbell, Aaliyah, En Vogue, Backstreet, Tupac, Nas, Tracy Chapman and many others. I can't forget Bone Thugz & Harmony, Too Short & NB Ridaz/Nasty Boy Klick. There's so many great artists in the music industry, but these are some of my favorite groups & artists from either my childhood or early teenage years. 



XoXo 🌹


Love, 


Me





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bowl full of Butterscotch Discs & Saltwater Taffy

The First of Many ... ... .. .

My Special Teddy Bear 🧸