Heart Shaped Rocks 🩶
June 23, 2026 | Tuesday Evening | 6:43 PM
Rock Collection
Another thing that I loved to collect as a little girl are the rocks that I colored & designed with colored smoke from Smoke Bombs during The Fireworks Season 🎆. For me, it was tradition to get as many smoke bomb packages as possible so that I could create a whole story of characters by drawing them all on rocks with the smoke from the smoke bombs! The larger packs would have around 12 smoke bombs. The smaller packs had around 6 smoke bombs.
There were so many different sizes of rocks & sometimes, it would take 6- 10 packages of smoke bombs to fully paint over a single rock with smoke. That was one of my all-time favorite things to do during Fireworks Season, paint & draw on rocks with smoke bombs.
Outside of Fireworks Season, I collected rocks throughout the rest of the year. I always had a great love for rocks. In the summertime, we'd all walk down to Green River & swim all day. There used to be a lot of rocks along the river when I was a little girl. I'd carry a lot of rocks home in my pockets! I'd place them in our backyard around the trees that were directly behind our house. And, I'd also place some of the rocks in our small dirt space next to our doorway.
That small dirt space was where my brother & his friends played marbles. Or, where they created their own version of marbles with G.I. Joe Men & mini Tonka Trucks. It was a cool space, too. I'd see dirt mounds with small tunnels, bridges & long maze areas for the marbles & Tonka trucks to drive through. I'd place the river rocks on the outside of their mazes, streets & game board so I didn't interfere with the buildings & accidentally knock everything over.
I cherished the heart shaped rocks most. Along with the wishing rocks, the rocks that have a white line all the way around it.(A full circle around the rock.) It represents good fortune & good luck. It also means the spirit of a loved one who passed is close by visiting you & sending you their love.
I collected all kinds of rocks as a little girl. I was always out in nature. I was always climbing trees & walking around blackberry bushes & finding rocks on our family property underneath Grandma Alvina's Snowball Trees. I loved visiting my Aunties & Uncles on our family property because it was (still is) a beautiful place. Grandma's Snowball Trees bloom every single year. Aunty Rose has many beautiful rose gardens around hers & Uncle Crow's home. All along the property were huge blackberry bushes & rocky gravel that lead to every house on our family property. There were so many beautiful rocks to search through & choose from. For me, it felt like I was bringing a part of my family home with me whenever I chose a couple of rocks with each visit to bring home with me.
🪨🏡🥰🪨🦅🌹
XoXo 🌹
Love,
Me
Comments
Post a Comment